PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Moniques Fandangles

Simply Turquoise -- Turquoise, Howlite and Silver Necklace

Fandangles -- [fan dáng g'l s] (noun): adornments, decorations, accessories, doodads, ornaments, trimmings or embellishments. These fandangles are one-of-a-kind handcrafted jewelry pieces featuring .925 sterling silver, Swarovski crystals, Czech glass and semi-precious gemstones.

BIO:
I am a 40-ish wife of almost 20 years, and mother of a teenage boy and pre-teen girl. By day, I work full-time in public relations and special events. By night and on weekends, in between the cooking, cleaning, homework, and driving everyone to all their extracurricular activities and events -- I work on my jewlery. Some of my other hobbies include music, reading, traveling, and cooking/baking (I've also dabbled in the personal chef business.)

INSPIRATION:
I'm inspired by color and texture, and try to use these in unusual or unexpected ways.

BEGINNINGS:
I've always been a creative person and one who loves jewelry. I guess it's in my blood since my great-grandfather was a jeweler and goldsmith. For years I've collected unique pieces of gemstone jewelry and always admired other people's work. Last year, one of my favorite pieces broke and I lost a few of the stones. I went to the bead store at lunch time one day to find some replacement stones to use in repairing the piece and was hooked!!

FAVORITE ITEM:
Wow, that's like asking me to choose which of my children I love most. Well, as you can see (and my family will attest) from my pieces, I LOVE turquoise. But since I have to choose one, it would be one of my newer pieces -- Geometry in Stone: Turquoise, Smoky Quartz and HIll Tribe Silver Necklace. I think the square shape of the turquoise stones add a lot of interest, and I just love the way they are accented by the silver and the black beads.
Geometry in Stone -- Turquoise, Smoky Quartz and
HIll Tribe Silver Necklace


To view more Fabulous Fandangles visit:
MoniquesFandangles -- www.moniquesfandangles.etsy.com

No comments: