PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Quilting V


Baby quilts, throws, wall hangings for children and adults, nap mats
for toddlers, baby ribbon comfort blankys and tote bags.

About the shop owner:
I started quilting during the big ice storm in January 1998 in Plattsburgh, NY.

I machine piece and quilt and enjoy making baby quilts and comfort blankys, throws, wall hangings and I have made bed size quilts as well. My two daughters are fortunate to have, as one does not grace my bed as of yet! The other bed size quilts I have made were sold.

I am currently experimenting with making children's wall hangings using machine piecing and quilting and using various art techniques to decorate the quilt blocks with fabric paint, pencils, glitter glue, fabric pastels, hand embroidery & embellishments. This could also be done for a more adult design.

I moved to Montreal, Canada in Fall of 1999, got married to my then fiancé, starting working as a social worker (which I still do) and continue to quilt. I am currently working part-time as a social worker and the quilting side business is growing.

Inspiration:
Everything!
Quilt magazines, illustrations in children’s books, art and my oldest daughters drawings.
Loose Threads Quilt Guild. This guild has inspired me and helped improve my quilting skills.

Beginnings:
My great-grandmother made me a quilt when I was a little girl. After I moved out of my parents house and finished college, I looked at that quilt and said to myself, “I want to do that.” I bought a book, fabric and started sewing. It helped that my fiancĂ© at the time bought me a sewing machine for my holiday gift!

Favorite Item:
The girls colourful wall hangings. I had a lot of fun creating them and it allows me to mix two of my pleasures...art and quilting!

Website:

1 comment:

3 Peas Designs said...

I just posted the second in a series of posts about my favorite things from crafters on my blog list. I used one of your bird pendants that I absolutely love! Feel free to check it out, and please let me know if it is a problem that I used one of your pictures.