PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Hound : Greyhounds and Whippets

In her own words...

After searching endlessly for sophisticated dog items and finding very few, I decided to make my own. A love of antiques and dogs turned into
Happy Hound.

Using beautiful antique Victorian illustrations, I rework them into gift tags, notepads, note cards and decals for ceramic items like treat jars, mugs and tile coasters. Additionally, I make Cheesy Treats, Handmade Soaps and Wedding Birdseed favor packets under the Happy Hound label.

One of the most exciting aspects of this has been the response from people that want custom work. A few of these have been making 200 tags for a Whippet Show , custom Bull Terrier tags for the Bull Terrier organization to sell to aid rescue, shop tags for a new store and Napoleonic Bee wedding table number cards. Doing these custom pieces encouraged me to expand my offerings to personalized items for my shop customers. The custom work allows both me and the customer to enjoy the creative process as we select art, fonts and colors for the finished product.

Since opening my shop, I have expanded my offerings to include images of Cats, Horses, Bunnies and other Victorian images like Bees, Hearts,Stags, Fish and others. I think people appreciate the talent it took Victorian artists to draw these intricate illustrations during a time prior to the popularity of using photographic images in newspapers and books.
Like many of the artists and craftspeople here, I was and am inspired by my loving dog. Winston, my 9 year old Italian Greyhound, is such a daily source of inspiration and joy.


No comments: