PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 19, 2009

Retablos: Brining hearts and homes together

In her own words...

I am a self-taught artist who loves creating retablos. In Mexican iconography a retablo carries special prayers and wishes to God. A
familiar retablo painting (on wood or tin) would have someone who is ill lying in bed beseeching the Virgin Mary for intercession to regain
their health. I have given these retablos my own perspective and hope these wooden prayers and watercolor affirmations touch your heart.

I also have available an original work of fiction/fantasy. This story is fully edited, and hand-bound into eight signatures with a hand-made, canvas cover. Creating this story, this book, has truly taught me the meaning of a "labor of love".

Shop Special - There is limited Dia De Los Muertos, Day of The Dead artwork available. Day of The Dead, celebrated Nov. 1st & 2nd, is a Mexican holiday that celebrates our departed loved ones, and all related artwork has free shipping.

2 comments:

The Little Miss said...

this is a really cool post! Loved learning and hearing about th eRetablos! I want on now hah
If you would like please visit my blog www.littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com and enter my giveaway! We try to have a fun and AMAZING giveaway every Monday so I hope you choose to follow me so you wont miss out!
Xo
Priscila

Relyn Lawson said...

This is a wonderful post, my talented friend. Hello, you.