PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Maggiemags

Hue of Blue

Decoupaged glass plates, seasonal and decorative glass
blocks and photography.

SHOP OWNER:
I'm 61 years old, married 40 years, two daughters 36 years old and 31 years old, with two wonderful sons-in-laws who are American and two awesome little grandchildren. My girls both married Americans and live in the USA. We moved around a lot with my husband's job and spent most of my time involved with my daughter's activities and making things for them.

Four years ago, my husband was packaged out of his job and we've sem-retired and FINALLY I had time for me and some of the things I had always wanted to pursue. I LOVE WHAT I'M DOING AND TRULY FEEL THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS I AM DESTINED TO DO. Obviously, I'd like to make money at it and be successful and believe this will happen, but I just am loving exploring a whole new side to me.

I'm inspired by many people I've met in my life, too numerous to mention, but I'm definitely inspired by my daughter's and strong women, both famous and not so famous. Honestly, it's only recently that I realize how much inspiration my mother gave me without even knowing it.

I started crafting to explore a creative side of me, that up until a few years ago I held back on because of other responsibilites and finances.

Everything is my shop has special meaning, but my favourite is the 'Generations' photo (below) as it's my Dad's hand and my little grandaughter's...spanning four generations. I wish I could have had a similar photo with my Mom. Sadly, she passed away four years ago and I miss her often and always.

Generations


Great gift source:
Maggiemags: www.maggiemags.etsy.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love the photo of the hands. Found a few treasures on your site.!