PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Valerie Tyler

Mist Flowering Ring

Modern, contemporary style jewelry focusing on sleek lines, with geometry.

ABOUT VALERIE:
I'm a full time teacher, who happens to also pretty much be a full time artist (which means I'm always busy!) I love projects, and always have a long list of things I want to do. I love throwing parties, am addicted to art and craft shows, and spend way to much time on Etsy looking for gorgeous items.

INSPIRATION:
As I mentioned, I live near a national park and adore the woods. I'm really inspired by anything nature related, from plants with minimal lines like bamboo, to more intricate bonsai trees. I love studying the ways lines and shapes can be combined to create new design elements.

FAVORITE ITEM:
I think my favorite item, though it looks relatively simple is my urban geometry earrings. I won an ad in Venus Zine's fall issue, and chose that photo to be part of the layout as I think the way the lines combine just had a very contemporary look.

Urban Geometry Earrings

Valerie's Blog: Art Addict
http://www.artaddict.wordpress.com

Be sure to check out Valerie's georgeous jewlery at:
Valerie Tyler: http://www.valerietyler.etsy.com
and http://www.valerieoutlet.etsy.com

8 comments:

Simple Elements Design said...

Beautiful work!

Jane Pierce aka zJayne said...

Talented artisan, enjoy your shop and your blog writing is always well done too! Hey! You are cool! Yes you are!

Vintage aka Vinty said...

Your designs and so fresh and original, and your photography shows them off beautifully! True talent!

LazyTcrochet said...

Congrats Valerie! I love the Glam Punk Necklace! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14426015

virtuallori said...

What a beautiful ring! Your designs are so unique.

SToNZ said...

LOVE your designs Valerie!
Keep up the great work!
xoxo

Emerald Arts said...

That ring is absolutely gorgeous :)

bohemeanne said...

I love it!