PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

RussianDollDesigns: Handmade, One-off Jewellery & Original, Affordable Art

In her own words...

"I have been making things for as long as I can remember but am fairly new to etsy, having opened my shop in March this year. At the moment I stock handmade jewellery and original artwork but am hoping to expand to include some textiles soon!

All my jewellery is one-off items and I like the idea that you can own a piece of jewellery which no one else has – totally different from buying something from a big retailer! I make my jewellery with a variety of new and vintage components and much of my work is inspired by childhood memories so you’ll see marbles, buttons and vintage postage stamps in my pieces.

Again, childhood is a major theme in my printmaking, as is nature. I think it’s great that printmaking gives an ideal way of owning original art at an affordable price and again, it’s something which no one else will have on their walls!

1 comment:

Russian Doll Designs said...

thanks for featuring me! Am off to look at some of the other shops now too