PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Craft Cove: French beading, Victorian beading, beadweaving, chainmail jewellery and wirewrapping.

In her own words...

My name is Jenny Lawson, and I live in Victoria in Australia. I've been doing all sorts of crafts for as long as I can remember (I'm 46 now), and it just seems to come naturally to me. I was taught the basics of crocheting, knitting, embroidery and sewing from an early age, by my Mum. From there I taught myself macrame, ribbon embroidery and quilling (also known as paper filigree), and of course I learnt much more advanced crochet, knitting and embroidery.

Always on the lookout for new things to try, I discovered chainmail, and decided to teach myself that, this led to wire work, and then I discovered beading wasn't necessarily just stringing a bunch of beads together. So now I just love beadweaving, there are tonnes of different types of beadweaving, and always new things to try.

I decided a few years ago that I really need to get photos of the work I do, and I just can't keep making things to give away, so I started my first website, Craft Cove. At Craft Cove I sell chainmail jewelry, wirework jewelry, and beaded jewelry, I also sell 3d ornaments and charms. But my site was getting pretty cramped so I just recently started another website called Flower Cove. Flower Cove is where I sell anything to do with flowers, such as beaded flowers on a stem, but also hair flowers, and hair accessories and fascinators.

Either myself, or my work has been featured a few times at different places on the internet, including a business feature at about.com. http://artsandcrafts.about.com/od/resources/a/craftcove.htm

No comments: