PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, September 20, 2009

jCranejewelry: Crafted in Metal by Jessica Crane

In her own words...

I am a metalsmith & jeweler and have been working in metal ever since graduating college with a degree in Fine Art. I primarily like working in Sterling Silver, and I use eco-friendly silver that is recycled instead of mined. It is important to me that what do and how I create it have a minimal impact on our environment. I am constantly working towards further improving that aspect of my studio and the jewelry that I make. My studio is in my home, so I look for alternative ways to get rid of anything toxic or potentially harmful to my living space.

My designs are often clean, simple and modern and I enjoy working and experimenting with different finishes, textures and colors. When I'm working with metal, I love to build. Figuring out how to translate an idea into wearable jewelry by putting together all of the design components and having it look good on the body is an exciting challenge for me. Craftsmanship is also very important, if someone is going to choose to buy handmade, I want my jewelry to be a lasting, quality addition to their jewelry boxes and wardrobe!

Free shipping for Indie Craft Corner Readers!
Enter the code "IndieCraftCorner" in the message to seller at check out.

Visit jCranejewelry

No comments: