PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Elsie's Flat: Adorable Custom-Made Aprons

In her own words:

My name is Linda. I live in Blaine, MN (A suburb of Minneapolis.) I have two grown sons and I work full time in manufacturing. I started my shop because I've always had an interest in creating pretty things. Back in the 70's & 80's it was sewing costumes, macrame and crocheting. I often joke that starting my Etsy shop is my feeble attempt at a retirement account. I'll never make a million $ entertaining the masses with my singing or acting so... Etsy is the best forum. I love when someone identifies their own personal taste or style in my work. The thought that my designs are in homes, business and cooking classes around the world gives me a great thrill.

About the shop name:
My shop is named after my Swedish great grandmother, Elsie, who for many years lived in Mpls in a building with many adjoining 2-story homes. The spooky dark brown building had a flat roof and it was referred to as the Flats. To bring in extra income, she made and embroidered pillowcases, dish towels, tablecloths. Back in the 50's, she charged $2 for a set of pillowcases. She got me started.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month! I’ve recently set up a section in my store with Pink aprons. A percentage of the proceeds from the sales will be donated to the Susan G Komen foundation to support Breast Cancer Awareness, research and prevention.

Where to find Elsie's Flat:
Etsy
Facebook

No comments: