PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Joelle's Doll: Unique Handmade Cloth Dolls

In her own words:

I grew up near Buffalo, NY, and loved playing with dolls as a child. I still own many of those dolls.
My mother taught me how to sew when I was a little girl. I have been making OOAK handmade cloth dolls for about 7 years. The part of creating a doll I enjoy the most is deciding what type of character they will be: how their face will look, what they will wear, their personality.

My characters have included mermaids, witches, nuns and pirates.

In addition to selling my dolls on etsy, I sell them at about a dozen arts & crafts shows per year, primarily in Upstate New York. Craft shows are fun because I get to see how excited the little girls (and big girls) get when they spot the dolls. One girl started dancing in my booth because she was so happy. Often, when people visit my booth, they see dolls who remind them of people they know.
The inspiration for Joelle's Dolls comes from people I've seen and from my imagination.

In addition to etsy, I have a fan page on facebook

No comments: