PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, October 3, 2008

Mountainside Crochet

.












Adorable hand-crocheted Ring Toss Toy in bright colors and Blue Bunny Amigurumi-Style Doll.

An interview with Mountainside Crochet:

ABOUT:
I am a self-taught, left-handed crocheter who has been plying my craft for over 30 years. I'm happiest with a crochet hook in my (left) hand and miles of yarn spread all around me. I began my Etsy shop to have an outlet for the many things I constantly create.

I am a mom to 3 grown children and a grandma of 3 grandsons ages 6, 9 and 11. The grandsons love the critters I create and inspire me to do more. I currently live on the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the westernmost county of South Carolina, thus my Shop name, Mountainside Crochet.

ETSY SHOP:
My Etsy shop is 75% crochet for children in many forms – plush animals, fantasy creatures, amigurumi, dolls, and playtime pillows and rugs. The other 25% is devoted to tote bags, purses and handbags, and a section of kitchen crochet in the form of potholders & hot pads with whimsical designs.

INSPIRATION:
I am inspired by anything and everything, from the color of the yarn to a sports season, to the seasons of the year, to holidays, to the interests of the people around me.

BEGINNINGS:
I began my crochet crafting by making stuffed animals to entertain my children when they were small. My daughter still has the whale I made for her when she was 8 years old. It grew from there.

FAVORITE ITEM:
The current FAVORITE ITEM in my shop is my Pink Panther Amigurumi. I discovered Amigurumi only a few months ago and fell in love with the versatility of the design – how it can be anything you can imagine. After I crocheted my first amigurumi – my Blue Bunny – I happened to be holding a skein of bright pink yarn and the idea for Pink Panther suddenly cried out for creation – based on the old movie “The Pink Panther” and the song “What's New Pussycat”. I was delighted with the way he turned out. Pink Panther was my very first original creation done without a pattern, and it seemed to unleash my creativity, which was a delightful surprise. So many ideas “pop” into my head now that I've had to start keeping an 'idea journal' in order not to forget my ideas until I have time to create them.


Just in time for Halloween! A Trick or Treat” tote!

Mountainside has many super sweet items to choose from!

Check out her Esty shop:

Mountainside Crochet. www.MountainsideCrochet.etsy.com

2 comments:

Mountainside Crochet said...

Many thanks to Lisa for featuring my Etsy shop, Mountainside Crochet in her wonderful blog.

swiekysiggies said...

Those bags are so creative and adorable! So wonderful...:)