PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

saintNICHOLAStoo

Santa Claus with Walking Stick and Wearing a
Light Tan Coat Hand Carved Basswood


Delightful shop specializing in hand carved basswood old world Santas, handmade Victorian style Christmas ornaments, antique style Christmas candy containers and replica feather trees!

SHOP OWNER BIO:
I am 52 years old.My wife and I have four girls.The youngest went off to college this fall. So,we are empty nesters. I have enjoyed art,crafts and creating since I was a young teenager. I'm self taught. My other passion is antique and vintage Christmas.

INSPIRATION:
My mother.She is an awesome craftswoman! Also, my love for antique and vintage Christmas items, which we collect.

BEGINNINGS:
I loved to draw and paint in my teenage years. During that time period, my mother and I started making wooden Christmas villages. After that there was no turning back. I love to draw, paint, wood carve, write poetry. Most antique and vintage Christmas ornaments and Santas are now priced out of our range, besides being increasingly harder to find. Two years ago, I decided to try making some for our collection and holiday decorating. My wife, family and friends have always encouraged me to sell my art and handmade items.

FAVORITE ITEM:
The hand carved Santa, in red, with an open pack of toys at his side. Because I still believe in Santa Claus. The wonder and magic of Christmas and Santa Claus is still alive in me.
Old World German Santa Claus with
Pack Of Toys Hand Carved Basswood


Be sure to check out this SHOP FULL OF GOODIES!

No comments: