PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

CrowBiz

Sewing Machine Glass Magnet

The interview:

My shop features mostly home/room decor type items such as boxes, magnets, frames, and some paper goods. Occasionally I feature collage work and my ACEOs, which are all collage based. I usually keep a cache of pendants on hand, too, since I enjoy making "tiny" artworks. Most of my works use vintage or recycled papers, ephemera, and vintage-style illustrations.

My background is in Psychology. I have a doctorate in Cognitive Psychology and I've been teaching college for 13 years. However, I've always been involved in the arts, crafts and design scene, as my husband and his large family are all involved in design and arts in one way or another. Currently, I am taking a breather from the teaching scene to concentrate on my craft and hoping to build the business significantly.

Favorite item:
Dictionary Blocks, which are all one of a kind. I like how they incorporate a simple 3D object (the blocks) with type and illustration AND vintage.

Vintage Dictionary Picture Blocks Number 2 - Set of 3

Shopname: CrowBiz www.crowbiz.etsy.com

No comments: