PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Flocking Together: Artwork That Combines Iris Folding and Collage

In her own words:

Hello, I am the owner of the etsy shop FlockingTogether where I sell original artwork that uses iris folding and is inspired by nature. I have found that iris folding works well with birds since the strips of paper mimic feathers. My favorite materials to use are old magazines and advertisements because I can usually find some neat patterns or colors that solid paper from the craft store would not provide. Also, I like using anything that would normally be thrown out so these projects are mostly eco-friendly. Most of the work is framed, but I plan to add more unframed artwork so that you can choose what kind or color frame you want.


No comments: